RED ZONE – RED ZONE – RED ZONE
Our common welfare should always come first
News from our Area 87 Chair
Hello to you
Unfortunately, we learned, along with you yesterday, that the entire Greater Montreal area has moved to the RED zone, which means full alert regarding the pandemic.
The authorities did not mention specifically whether community meetings such as AA meetings would have to close. BUT one thing is for sure they strongly suggested that we not go out for 28 days and even avoid any family gatherings at home. So, we can assume that even more reason there should be no gatherings in AA meeting rooms.
Each group is autonomous. It is free to close or not to close for a period of 28 days, but it would be a real shame if our members got sick because they attended meetings and did not follow the government’s instructions.
Moreover, if outbreaks develop in meeting rooms and the media reports on them, it would be deplorable for the reputation of the Fellowship as a whole.
We strongly suggest that all members of the Area who are in the red or orange zone stay home to help everyone stay healthy. There are alternatives with Zoom and phone meetings. Consult the virtual meeting list posted on our website or the Meeting Guide app. Both are updated regularly.
One day at a time, we will get through this!
Area 87 Chair
September 29, 2020
• For a detailed list of virtual meeting options, virtual meeting options, Click Here. It is revised daily. Check back regularly.
•We encourage you to have your order prepared in advance. You can do this via our online store or by email or telephone. Payments are accepted via PayPal or Interac transfer. Once ready, the order will be placed in one of our cubbyholes for pick-up.
You can access the store here: publications.aa87.org .
• We are here for you. Please don’t hesitate to send in your questions, concerns and feedback at email@example.com. We need you. We need each other.
• Despite the reopening of a number of face-to-face meetings, the Area Service Office must meet its financial obligations. For those who can and wish to make a contribution, you can do so on our website. Here is the link HERE : click on the “donate” button.
• Grapevine has granted free access to most of the 2020 Grapevine and La Viña. Visit : www.aagrapevine.org/we-are-here-to-help .
• Take for granted that most of the meetings are suspended. It is too difficult to control a list of meetings that are suspended or not.